Sunday, June 1, 2008

Kitchen remodel

Our quaint, stone home we purchased in December has taken on a retreat/cabin feel. The basis on our purchase was depedant on all the hidden potential in the 2 acre land and home itself. I know alot of "handy" people have fallen victim to DIY phenomena but I lucky have an expert craftsman at my disposal. I failed to mention earlier that Rhett has an art degree and design/builds custom cabinetry and furniture. In other words,
I described everything I wanted in my kitchen like an efficient recycle system, ridiculous pantry, appliance garage, and display shelving.
Did I mention I couldn't slam a drawer or door if I tried, they make unbelievable hinges called BluMotions ... by the way, the 8 yr old tested the "slam" theory, the hinge won! He got the good effort award of a snack at the bar for participating in the test. Anyway, enjoy the pics.

3 comments:

Live from the Quick House said...

Yo Hooker, thanks for letting me know! Anywho, i love it! It looks great. Keep in touch!

T

Unknown said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Yay! That kitchen is so pretty -- love the 2 colors in the cabinets and the stone counters. Seriously now, I need to get out there and visit!

Rental said...

Your kitchen is amazing KTB ! I love how Ethan tested the slam-proof hinges. Our cabinet guy bragged that our kids could jump up and down on the slide-out shelves and they wouldn't give.
A)Don't give them any ideas.
B) I just want it to hold canned-goods dude.......
Talk to you soon!